Monday, February 25, 2008

Spending Diet


Ran across this article in the Miami Herald…found it interesting that a reporter is taking on a challenge of No Spending February. Actually this reporter is attacking the unnecessary spending in her life.

I wonder how many of us could do this? I would like to think I could. Given the price of gas we should all be making fewer trips to here and there, no matter what kind a car/truck you have.

I think cutting out going to the movies would save a couple a bucks, cause dang the price has gone up so much. Even if you are a senior the price isn’t that great anymore. So now I am renting movies online thru my Direct TV and recording them. That means I get to keep them for $3.99 instead or purchasing them.

Manicures and pedicures, I used to get every month. Due to traveling so much I have had to cut that back and I’m finding that’s OK, save BING a savings of sort.

Hair… I usually do my own color (yes I color my hair sorry to disappoint) so I buy the product at the beauty supply shop where it is less expensive than buying the already packaged product at the drugstore.

My biggest expenditure is going to the market, as I’m sure it is for all of you. I’m not good at clipping coupons, but I do read the paper for sales of the area markets. Oh and I try to go food shopping when I am not hungry cause I have found the strangest damn stuff that ends up in my cart.

Would you do this? Should we all try it together? OK I’m gonna go think about this and wait for your response…………..stay tuna’d

1 comment:

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

With energy cost going higher I try to be more efficient with utilities. Wash full loads, hang t-shirts to dry. You'd be surprised how much that saves. Turn off lights when you leave the room. Your Dad was right!