Saturday, October 18, 2008

Levi Stubbs

Do you know that name.........my friends Mr Stubbs was the lead singer of the very famous Four Tops. Mr Stubbs passed away at the age of 72 in Detroit Friday. The Four Tops were inducted into the R & R Hall of Fame in 1990.

Mr Doodles and I have very fond memories of the Four Tops along with The Temptations, also referred to as "The Temps". When we were living in Connecticut many years ago we had the opportunity to see the Four Tops and The Temps not once but twice. The first time was in a smallish venue in Hartford and let me say I do believe we were the only two white folks in the audience. We had terrific seats right up front center and I have never been in an arena that rocked that much. The ground shook, no one sat down during the whole concert. We are of the era of these two groups so we enjoyed that trip down memory lane. They had a surprise walk on guest by Mel Carter...........a definite thrill for me cause he was a fav in my younger days.......such romantic songs he sang.
The two groups did many encore songs as the list of songs were endless. Needless to say a great time was had that nite. A few months later we here that both groups are going to be in New Haven and sure enough good seats were snagged once more.

A little of Motown history has gone because of the passing of the well know Levi Stubbs.............thanks for making so many memories for me...............you'll be missed Levi Stubbs.

No comments: