Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Drive thru fools

One would think it would have been the second coming when an In-N-Out-Burger opened recently in our area.

With much buzz about town and long waits both inside the store and in the drive-thru lane, residents in our area finally had their very own In-N-Out. On the day of the grand opening, the town had to have extra cops on duty to direct traffic, all for a danged hamburger.

For some strange reason, the craze has barely let up. I have no idea how long the wait is, but if the pace inside is any indication, the wait time is tooooo long. The young ens that work there work their butts off I'll tell ya. You don't see workers like that at Mc Donalds or Burger King. No offense if your child happens to work at one of those establishments

I'll admit the burgers are good, actually better than good, but why anyone would want to sit in a line of cars, breathing toxic fumes and with the price of petrol these day for a stinkin' hamburger, is way beyond me. Think of the pollution that is created. I'm no rocket scientist, but it surely has to be a whole buncha polutin.

But it does remind me of when Krispy Kreme doughnuts opened and they turned on their done sign and out of nowhere cars were lined up around the block.

Edited to add: for those of you that live East and North of me you are missing out on a tasty burger.

No comments: