Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

My wonderful family was great enough to change our Thanksgiving feast to accommodate our needs. We celebrated being Thankful this past Saturday.

And our needs are great............because we are now managing a Christmas Tree lot in Southern California........from pumpkins to trees.......what were we thinking........HA!!!

Back to our Thanksgiving family feast...........what a great time we had. The food was abundant as I'm sure you can imagine. But ya know what...........not a stinking picture was taken. So take my word it was a wonderful day, of being with a loving family with no rushing and worrying about the crowd.

Step momma, sister and I did all the precooking and prep work on the Friday. All that needed to be done on the day was pop that sweet bird in the oven..............and we were even somewhat ahead of schedule on that. We amazed ourselves. Plenty of leftovers for those that wanted anything. My sweet sisters pies are to die for tasty..........not unusual for my talented sister. She made my favorite rustic apple pie dealy and our mothers sauce to pour on top.

I scored big time cause I got to take some apple pie home...............and sister sent home a small pumpkin pie for Mr Doodles...........it's his favorite..........well that and the whipped cream he piles on top.

So dear friends.............I truly hope your upcoming Thanksgiving feast is as much fun as mine...........wishing a a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving.

Stay tuna'd for Christmas tree stories.

1 comment:

Bee said...

I can't wait to hear the Christmas tree stories!

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all, too. And just know that one of the things I'm thankful for is that somehow we met in cyberland and you became my friend.

(The word moderation word right now is COOTI! Isn't that funny?!