Thursday, January 17, 2008

Gypsyies on the move again

Definition of GYPSY = gypsy One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life.

I guess you could call us gypsies, nomads, or even bohemians. All would certainly apply.

Thanks to my friend Bee and her love of quotes, I found this quote I really like - The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine

We have been in Southern Arizona for a few months, and have seen enough to know that we would come back here to build a house someday. That is once we get the gypsy in our soul on to another plane.

So since we need to be heading West to start our trip to the great state of Alaska. Why not head that way now. Plus will be closer to family. I miss Buddy the dog.

I have posted about many of the highway travels over the past few months. We have visited some wonderful towns and cities. Met some fantasticly wonderful people. That said we have not found a town or area we would live in but Tucson. But this city is not for everyone. Oh it has all the amenities Starbucks, shopping, culture, terrific weather, a Zoo, a large University. And speaking of that I get dirty looks when I wear my UCLA shirts. But the weather on a hole is quite nice, well not now cause it's a whopping 27* outside. The weather is wonderful most of the time. But as I said it's not for everyone. Not a lot of greenery unless you consider the cactus as the greenery. Lot's a dirt, little grass.

But there are so many things it doesn't have like hurricanes, mosquitoes, humidity. Now because of the drier climate I am spending a fortune on body lotion.

Like I said this could be the place to hang our hats when the time comes to build. Tucson could just win the lottery for us to set up residency once we get that gypsy outta our souls.

So in the meantime we are going to California in a few days. Just saying that puts a smile on my face and makes my heart very happy.

As always, stay tuna'd..................

No comments: