Saturday, November 11, 2006

Veteran's Day 2006

It bothers me that there is such commercial aspect of Veteran's Day. There are sales everywhere. I have always refused and staged my own little mini protest of not buying anything on a so called Veteran's Day sale. The only thing I buy would be the essential food items.

Many of our family members were in the Armed Forces. Our Dad was in the SeaBee's which is a branch of the Navy. The SeaBee's were kinda like the construction crew for the Marine's. My brother-in-law and husband were in the Air Force during a very turbulent time in this country. Need to get those boys back to see the new Air Force Memorial in D.C.

Celebrate this Veteran's Day by thanking a soldier. And wander over to a friends blog and check out how their family recognizes Veteran's Day. http://kidsinthecastle.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat thought not to validate Veterans Day sales, thank you for that Doo! It never crossed my mind. Honored that you linked to me blog, too. ;-) Tie