Monday, June 26, 2006

In the market for a new camera...

and I am more confused now than ever. The last camera I purchased, well I didn't really buy, husband bought it for me eight years ago. Can you imagine, an eight year old digital camera. And it still works, but like a lot of electronic things it is fading fast.

The camera I have is a Nikon Cool Pix, a black bulky (by todays standards) boxy thing. So I go online and look and read feedback. That is as confusing as the camera choices. Some people are techno geeks and write in that language and then those that are just ordinary folk like me, have trouble explaining why you should by the camera they are giving 10+++ stars to.....jeeesch!

I want a compact not an SLR cause I am just not in to drag the camera junk with me anymore. I know how I am if I get an SLR I'll want to get another lense or two and all the other goodies. I'm just not in the mood for that. Call me lazy but that's the way it is.

I want at least a 6 megapixel for enlarging. I have narrowed it down to Sony and Nikon. Well now that's real helpful huh!!!? duh I must be making up me mind here soon cause the old Cool Pix is gonna go and then I'll be smack dab outta luck. Oh I could use the camcorder but nah!!!

Those of y'all that know husband, here is an interesting twist to this whole market research thing.........husband is finding the more he reads about these new SLR's he tells me "I just might get one"!!! See he is a real research kinda guy that has to read about all that is presented and then he makes a decision.
Now what I should do is just let husband go buy my compact camera and I won't have to worry my pretty little head about it.......................stay tuna'd

1 comment:

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

I don't know, either. I had an 11x14 made from Dan's Kodak and it's great. It's framed and ready to go. I bought him the Kodak because it's cheap (under 300 bucks) and easy to use. I know it can't do everything but I'm not going to feel bad when I buy a new one because it was cheap.