Monday, February 24, 2014

Refried Beans

Now I know they are not everyone's favorite.  But maybe it's because they opened the can and just heated them up. Don't ever do that again.


Well as luck would have it  a friends mother made us a dozen of the very best tamales I have ever eaten.  Perfectly spiced and the masa was not thick.  Damn scrumptious!!


So what do you serve with tamales.  I like refried beans but up until now I was just adding a bit of milk and green chiles to pump them up a bit.   Not anymore.  My friends mother told me to add  about a quarter cup of chicken stock, sour cream to the desired consistency.  Then add your green chiles and/or hot sauce.  Finish off with shredded cheese of your choice.  You will thank me I promise.

She did say thru the translation of her son, "sometimes I add chopped onion, or jalapeno peppers chopped or even salsa.  Depends who is sitting at my table.  This lady is an amazing women comes from a very small town outside of Guadalajara.  Speaks very  limited English but she knew when I told her how good her tamales were  because a big smile broke out.

No no photos....................we ate them ALL!!  Will order some before we leave to freeze and take with us.

No comments: