Friday, August 04, 2006

Now they tell me......

Do you mean to tell me I could have been baking
cookies in Florida all this time????
Who woulda thunk???

How hot was it? Dashboard oven hot
New Hampshire woman bakes cookies on dashboard of her Toyota
The Associated Press
ET Aug 3, 2006
BEDFORD, N.H. - Blistering heat was just what Sandi Fontaine needed to bake cookies for her co-workers — on the dash of her Toyota RAV4.
With temperatures soaring Wednesday, Fontaine placed two trays of cookie dough on the dashboard, shut the doors and retreated inside to her air-conditioned office.
"My husband wanted me to run some errands this morning," said Fontaine, who works at Baldwin and Clarke Corporate Finance. "I said, 'I can't. I'm baking cookies.'"
Fontaine first tested her dashboard oven three years ago. She said anyone can do it; the only requirement is for the outside temperature to be at least 95 degrees, so it will rise to about 200 degrees in the car. Temperatures in the area reached the mid- to upper 90s on Wednesday.
"Mrs. Fields has nothing on Sandi," co-worker Brian Champigny said of the cookie company.
Though Thursday was supposed to be cooler, Fontaine said she'll still enjoy the benefits of her culinary effort.
"When you open the door to that car," she said, "it's like, oh, my God. It's a wonderful smell."
© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

no I didn't have permission to copy and paste this article but here is there site if you wanna go and see the photo of the nice lady that did this unusual kitchen task
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14174161/

No I'm not gonna try this but see if they come and arrest me.................stay tuna'd

3 comments:

maltese parakeet said...

grandma m. could have a full-on bakery in her car in the desert! :)

barb said...

I thought of that.......maybe we'll try that when we visit lol

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Hmmmm a Barbie Easy-Bake Honda.