Saturday, September 05, 2009

Many of us have short memories

go google and see how many Presidents have spoken to school children..........well the only recent President that didn't was President George W. Bush.

Now don't get your knickers in a twist when I say this but the only talk W gave to school children was on 9~11 when he read My Pet Goat to a group of school children in, I think, Tampa Florida.

I'll never forget the look on that poor man's face when his chief of staff, Andrew Card walked over and whispered in his ear about the terrorist bombings in New York City. At that very moment I felt sorry for him, in spite of my many objections of the man he was still our President.

I surely hope that the address Mr Obama gives to the school children of this nation, I hope it doesn't become partisan but by golly it's looking that way. And I must really be a dope cause I'm not seeing the harm talking to children about their dreams and encouraging them to reach their goals and stay in school...................what am I missing here........................why the fear? Isn't education our most important product? It used to be!


No comments: