Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary Moon


Do you realize that Neal Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin stepped foot on the moon forty years ago today. Why you ask would I care or even remember such an event.

Well our dear Mother had a Moon Landing party. The invitees were mostly friends from where Momma worked, one of those friends/invitees was my now husband.
Ya see sister, momma and myself all lived together three single, eligible females. Turned out this event was my first date with husband and also the first date my sister had with her now husband.

So the moon landing is a momentous event that I always seem to remember.
I still remember after watching David Brinkley and then Walter Cronkite, these two media giants so humbled by the landing and all the hoopla surrounding the event, then walking outside with Mr Doodles looking up and both of us absolutely amazed that the men we just saw on TV are on the moon we are looking at in our front yard.

The fifty year anniversary is not that far off.............................

No comments: