I don't often put recipes on this blog. Sister, niece and I have a food blog. Or actually had a food blog as our lives have become so busy food blogging is not at the top of our list.
Having said that I am posting one of the most delicious crust less quiches I have ever made and or eaten.
This is how it started with this recipe I found while poking around. That's how I find all these marvelous recipes. It's almost like an adventure. And like some adventures you can make a wrong turn. But not with this recipe. Find it here
Give a huge shout out to Beth over at Budget Bytes for this recipe. First time I made this I made it exactly like her recipe. This week, now that asparagus is everywhere you look I thought hmmmmm. And I'll add some mushrooms. I'll use cheddar and jack cheese. And a small amount of cream cheese. Here's my method. And I'll tell you right now this was so good husband said "can we have this again soon".
- Sauteed a package of mushrooms until they were nicely browned and just toward the end I add a small pat of butter.
- Asparagus up next. I think I used about a dozen spears. Trimmed the ends and cut into one inch pieces. Saute till almost cooked as the aspargus will continue cooking in the egg mixture
- Next up the eggs. I used four eggs I wisked untill well mixed with 3/4 cup of whole milk. I also added a few splashes of Frank's Hot Sauce just to give it an extra kick.
- Three quarter cup of shredded cheese of your choice. With this mixture I used extra sharp cheddar and jack.
- Now assemble. Spread the mushrooms on the bottom of your dish. On top of that put the asparagus. Next put a few spoonfuls of cream cheese just a few dollops here and there. Don't worry it will melt into the egg mixture.
- Combine the cheeses you are using with the egg mixture. Then gently pour that on top of the veggies. Make sure the shredded cheese is spread evenly.
- Place the pan on a cookie sheet and put in a 375* oven after fifteen minutes turn down to 350* and cook till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. about 50 minutes total. Now please remember all oven are different and cook differently.