Thursday, April 08, 2010

I am in AWE

Dear Mr Doodles,

It is said that families that bead together
stay together.
You never cease to amaze me.  I've recently taken up beading. I love it, it's creative, relaxing and easy.  I'm not proficient but I'll get there like anything else it takes time.  Now you Mr Doodles are tackling something I have and never will have patience doing.  You have taken up peyote beading. 

It's all because we went to that Pow Wow and you saw the Indian beading on the walking stick.  I had to open my big mouth and say how cool that was and now you think you can do this.

Well it turns out you can and I am damned impressed.  Mr D you have hidden creative talents that I never knew existed.







 Turns out you have a helper.






For the finished product

5 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

I wanna see!! I am VERY impressed!
xoxo Pattie

Bee said...

Peyote beading is so beautiful and looks so complicated. I, too, am impressed. And equally awed by your muse and assistant.

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Boggie is just waiting.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see photos of yours and Mr. Doodles finished products.

Hoping that your kitty-kat doesn't get to it first, he is waiting . . . .

barb said...

Well he is gonna shame me in to trying this. It's like laying bricks, teeny tiny bricks.

The muse has been somewhat disruptive but hey he is a kitten.