Friday, March 28, 2014

Why do these things happen to me


So every summer it seems I break a toe.  I cannot say whether it is because I am accident prone, a klutz or just plain careless.   

Well this broken toe is NOT my fault!!!

Here's what happened.  Yesterday while out and about running errands I decided I would treat myself to an iced carmel macchiato at Starbucks.  Get to the entrance hold the door open for the elder lady coming out.  Right behind her is her husband.  He is driving a motorized wheel chair thing.  Well he came screaming out that door right behind the wife.  Ran over my  sandal'd foot and nearly knocked me on my  keester.  I hollered "hold it".  Elder wife turned around and said  "oh Robert who have you run into now"?  Seems old Robert is new to this fancy, schmancy machine he's piloting and hasn't mastered the technique of not running into objects including people.

They were lovely people in spite of the fact that  Robert was a terror on wheels.  They were both concerned about my well being and the fact that I wasn't hurt.  What's a broken toe?  Hey I got nine more.  

Well today it's an odd color and it is splinted with two popsicle sticks and some bandages.  No I didn't go to the Dr they wouldn't do anymore than I have done.  Remember I'm quite experienced in the broken toe department.


3 comments:

Chris said...

Oh nuts! I know a broken toe is NO fun...from experience. If only steel-toed shoes were more attractive. ;)

barb said...

My sister suggested steel toe sandals ;)

Allie and Pattie said...

OH NO!!!! I am so sorry! Though I have to say that the visual of steel toed sandals did give me a giggle....;)