Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sea level, seafood and sea views

Most of you know we have made the Western slope of Colorado our summer home for the past three years. We have enjoyed and benefitted every minute of this gorgeous area.

What's not to like................ fishing on the beautiful Blue Mesa Lake, or on the banks of the Gunnison River, drives thru the canyons that can literally take your breath away. A perfect example of that is the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.  We would ocassionaly like to take a drive over to Lake City, where the views of the many ranches are so beautiful. Once we arrive in Lake City the stop would be either the BBQ joint or the New Orleans Cajun spot that is pretty tasty.  If there was room after a walk down the picturesque Main Street we just might stumble into the San Juan Ice Cream Shoppe.Then there's hiking for a view of the wildflowers and some wild animals that will pop into view from time to time.

I cannot forget the twelve mile trip to the town of Gunnison.  Riding thru the canyons with the mountains to the north and the Gunnison River to your south.  I will forever keep that picture in my mind.

And the people we met we will forever hold  dear in our hearts and lasting friendships were made.

Of course there's the photo taking that I have enjoyed immensely.
I would have added some photos here but blogger seems to be misbehaving, I'm wondering if blogger is related to facebook.

Well we have done all we wanted to do in this area so it's time to move on. I'm a Pisces, I need some ocean near me, Mr Doodles he doesn't care one way or the other.  He says as long as I'm happy he is also. Such a sweetums!!

Between now and April we are going to be in Southern California with family and friends. Possible going to Yuma/Tucson for the Gem show this winter. Come early April 2011 we will be heading to the Southern Washington hanging out for the summer in the beautiful area of Long Beach, Washington.

As always

1 comment:

Chris said...

Happy travels, my dear! I know you'll enjoy being with your family. Please think about stopping by on your way to Washington.

Chris